Monday, November 10, 2008

Stand By Your Man




LISTEN UP!

I think I need to be the one to clear the air about my brother. You see, between Dad and I, we have invested the most time in trying to understand Stacker. First, let me say that Riley has it all wrong, I am NOT stuck in an abusive relationship. What would a teenager know about this? She wasn't even born when the one and only "incident" occurred.

I honestly believe that Stacker is bipolar. He's talked often about these headaches that he has and how he blacks out. Well, I've been keeping track of these blackouts and they coincide very closely with moments where his "darker" psyche steps out. His first incident with me was right before a thunderstorm. Did I mention he's FREAKED OUT (yeah, those ears are his trademark!) by thunderstorms? We were at Dad's old apartment getting our walk in before the rain came. There was an enormous clap of thunder that echoed perfectly through the complex. I was admiring it when out of nowhere a set of canines descended upon my head. OUCH! Fortunately, there was a little bite inhibition there. No scars. All was well. That was the only time Stacker has crossed the line with me. But, that moment opened my eyes to the fact that he may not know what he's doing when he acts out. I've seen it all. He's pretty bad when there's any kind of movement. Lure coursing was the worst! Dad had to muzzle him from the truck to the start. He had no problem on course, but get within five feet of him pre-course and watch out!! Stacker has mellowed a little as he's gotten older, but I know that evil lurks within. You can see it in his eyes, whether he knows it's there or not.

EVIL EYE GLOW
LOTS OF EVIL HERE - BOTH EYES GLOWING, AND MAKING ONE OF MINE GLOW THROUGH OSMOSIS...



Stacker doesn't know he's done anything wrong so please have compassion for the poor man, for he knows not what he does. He's a troubled soul. I feel pity for him and try to comfort him whenever I can. If he had known he ran right in front of Peanut he would feel HORRIBLE. So, on behalf of Stacker, I apologize to Peanut. Dad also wants me to let everyone know that he's going to update you on Stacker soon (even though mom kinda scooped the story!) and detail his progress. That's all for now!

5 comments:

Addie said...

What fantastic loyalty! Anyway, who doesn't have a bit of a dark side? By the way, have you ever tried rubbing him down with a dryer sheet when a storm is coming? I've heard it does great things by discharging the static electricity, even for dogs who don't respond much to desensitization. Luckily my guys aren't storm-phobic, so I haven't had a chance to try it myself.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to updates on Stacker's recovery. I bet he feels much better already, though. Did you get to keep the amputated toe, like a lucky rabbit's foot?

Stephen said...

Unfortunately, Stacker's a purist. It truly is the sound that gets him.

As for the toe, I was hung up on by three taxidermists. You'd think in a struggling economy that no job would be too small, but alas, there seems to be a threshold even they just won't cross.

Zan said...

This tale has more plot twists than a daytime soap. Now we find out that Stacker is being maligned because of a health problem. Julie, thanks for your perspective on this ever evolving story.

Stacker, I hope your sore paw is beginning to feel better

Anna said...

Julie, that is nice of you to stick up for Stacker. However, you have completely confused your cousin, Fire. She is speechless! I think she wants to see Stacker for herself now and ask him a few questions.

How is Stacker's paw healing?
Hope he is up and running again soon!

Anonymous said...

talk to the paw Stacker...Oh sorry, didn't mean to rub it in that I still have all my little toes in place O:-) *wiggles each toe individually*

love,
Peanut