Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday's Worst - #20

So here we go. Every Wednesday will feature a new worst in the realm of eating out, whether it be fast food or sit down. We all know it's out there, but did you really know what's in it???


#20


WORST FAST-FOOD CHICKEN




Did anyone say KFC or Popeye's?? Maybe Church's? El Pollo Loco??? You're all wrong!



830 calories
55g fat
(4.5g trans fat)
48 g carbs
This is none other than the Golden Arches' Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips w/ creamy Ranch sauce. The only thing premium about this is the caloric assault on your body. At that rate, you can eat 20 McNuggets and receive the same wallop on your diet. That's just the meal, folks. Want large fries and Coke with that? Sure you do. Why don't we go ahead and bump that to 1700+ calories shall we? A semi-reasonable solution? Get the six-piece with BBQ sauce and you've just slashed 530 calories. Hooray! That means you actually have a spot in the day to eat again! I say semi-reasonable because if you were really wary you wascally wabbit (sorry, I was channeling Elmer Fudd and Barbara Walters at the same time).....you wouldn't eat there.

So, now you get the idea of what I'm going to be putting up on this thread. Is your favorite dish going to be on the list?




Next week: Is it a Smoothie or is it diabetes in a cup??

6 comments:

Addie said...

Gross! I've given up on fried chicken YEARS ago, now if I can get the rest of the family to see the light. Really, really gross!

Alex said...

I will give you a free shot...
My FAVORITE at McDonald's is the bacon, ranch, salad with CRISPY chicken. OK, stop cringing, y'all! I am not deluded into thinking that because this is a salad it is a healthy choice. I just like how it tastes.
I am aware that the chicken is fried, the ranch dressing is really just fat in a packet, and the "bacon"- well what is that stuff really, anyway?? So go ahead- have at it, I can take it
:-)

Zan said...

I didn't even know that McDonald's had fried chicken, but I do have to admit to loving Popeye's. OK, I know it's terrible for me but as a true southerner, I was raised on the stuff. I stop at actually frying it at home though, so our fried chick intake is limited to a few times a year. The kitchen has to be scrubbed from top to bottom to rid the house of all the grease. Guess that's why we really shouldn't eat it often, huh?

Life With Dogs said...

We prefer cat or rabbit....

Unknown said...

Ha, ha, We don't eat chicken in this house. Chicken = Gross

Poolie said...

Shhh, we're hunting bunny wabbits