Friday, December 19, 2008

Yar, there be new posts a'comin'


Ahoy, I dedicate the beginning of this post t' Addie, whose expectations o' my prior blog fell brutally short, causin' her water heater t' break which, in turn, flattened a tire on Ott' Von Crapp. Arrr, ne'er in my wildest imaginations would Me suspect one seemin'ly innocent rant about irresponsible pet owners o' spiralin' out o' control and wreakin' ha'oc in the uni'erse. Aye.

There you go, Addie. A partial pirate post. Happy now? I hope to have a creative handful of musings for all of you over the holidays. Greyhound Bus, part deux, makes the first long distance trip this weekend to visit my parents for their 46th anniversary and Christmas festivities. Other insightful snippets coming to a computer screen near you: "The Surplus of Pepè", "You're Paying to do What??", "Close in, Far Out".

So, to everyone traveling over the holidays, relax, stay safe. There are going to be stressed out people doing idiotic things out there. Don't be one of them, yar!

5 comments:

Addie said...

Ahoy, oh Stephen, how thoughtful o' you. Yes, I'm 'ery happy, Captain, but I'm pretty sure the catastrophies warn't your fault. A pence for an old woman o'de sea?

By the way, I'm not nearly as inventive as you are, so I had to use a pirate translator tool I found at http://www.talklikeapirateday.com/translate/index.php. Amazing what we can Google up, isn't it?

I can't wait to read those new posts you have up your sleeve. Arrrrgh, take it easy!

Addie

Anonymous said...

It's the 46th anniversary, not the 47th. But that's ok. After all, you weren't there yet.

My verification word is "spitiono," which must apply to your previous post about the water you send to Alabama, as in "Oh No! You did spit in it."

Leslie said...

Hi,
I am going to have to go to Addie's pirate web site to do justice to this blog, but I enjoyed it a lot. Thank, Dad for the v. word. Do I have lots instore for all of you that like my nonsence (30) word in all today ? Alas, I have to go grocery shopping in a few minutes, before the next blast of Artic air hits us...arrgh ! Does that work ?

Stephen said...

dad - oh well, I know it's very impressive, even if I padded it a year! I'll fix it lickity spit, er, split!

Zan said...

Yo Ho Ho..send over the rum!!

Can't wait to hear travelin' tales etc. Safe sailin' to yar!!