Sunday, December 28, 2008

FLUMMOXED

Ever find yourself in a complete lull, with nothing coming to mind? I know it's easier being a man to have an empty mind but bear with me, I don't know where this is going. Lately I've been self-deprecating towards my future posts. Whether they were good, decent, or otherwise, I trashed them. What's wrong here? Is my sub-conscious telling me to stop trying? Is my overly-procrastinating id sabotaging my psyche, preventing me from conjuring up new tales of woe or revelations of joy? I can't even get on a rant lately. Am I trying too hard? I'm doing this for me, or for the benefit of others? Obviously I don't know all those answers. I'll tell you what part of it is. It's that holiday-lard-butt-eat-too-much-don't-exercise-get-fat-get-depressed-get-mad-eat-more virus that comes out every time this year. If I don't get the blood flowing with regular outdoor adventures and gym trips, then I become an ornery, stubborn, cynical "fill-in-the-blank". Another symptom of this virus is a short-tempered behavior coupled with an overwhelming lazy-care-less attitude. So, until I get other things back on track, I may take a break for a while. Then again, I may not. Who knows?

11 comments:

Addie said...

Stephen, when you figure it all out, let me know, will ya? To me, there's nothing quite like blogging about my life to make me wonder what I actually have going on that would interest anyone. Of course it isn't really that boring, and there's always something to say, no matter how mundane. Oh yeah, I know what it is to be flummoxed.

Anyway, I enjoy your posts a lot, and I hope your subconscious isn't feeding your psyche a line of BS. Damn that Freud!

Isn't that laziness/carbs/sugar shame spiral a b*tch? I foresee a post in the near future about one trophy wife confessing that her post-holiday ass looks like 30 pounds of chewed bubble gum. I just need to get off my dimpled backside and get my blood moving, just like you said, but I'd rather marinate in Bailey's and eat goat cheese. Sigh!

Anyway, don't stay gone too long. Cyberspace just wouldn't be the same.

Addie

Leslie said...

I find myself thinking the same way . I just imagine it is the after "Christmas Blahs" The only thing I could write this morning was about putting my clothes on backwards. Just who the H' cares if I forgot how to dress myself ?? Cheers, we can't all be Like my daughter "Addie"

Leslie said...

My V. word for the post I just sent was "drabi." I guess even the V.Wordman has a problem. now days.LOL

Maria Peters said...

I know what you mean! I am BORED. BORED. BORED. It takes all my effort to get my butt out the door to walk the dogs...yesterday I avoided Canoe's sad eyes. Ah, but this too shall pass. Keep on bloggin'...'cause I'm BORED and I need something to read...and something to make me laugh!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Geees, I've been so busy getting so much done! I've got several blog posts done and scheduled through January 13th. I've got everything on my to do list checked off! I'm cleaning house now.... well sort of. Snookums, do you want me to make you a longer chore list? I see you already cleaned your bathroom. Looks good.

Love, Jen

Poolie said...

Now you've done it. Mentioned the word BORED within earshot of your wife. Your honey-dew list is now going to be longer than the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Zan said...

Go take a hike. You'll feel better!!

Seriously, isn't there something about not getting enough natural light during these short days that causes the blahs? I always feel like a depressed mole during the dead of winter as I'm always inside doing chores/work when it's light outside.

Don't take to long of a break - you're cyber fans will miss you!!

Stowe and Maria said...

We'll miss your posts if you take a break. Maybe you need another hound to keep you busy for a while.

Anna said...

What do you mean you may BECOME "ornery, stubborn, cynical, etc. You were like that all ready growing up with you! :-) (jk)

Don't get too bored, just like "Poolie" said, Jen has heard you and now your to-do-list will be as long as Santa's list! Geez I thought I told you never to mention the word "bored" around your wife.

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely using "flummox" in my next scrabble game....Kelli won't know what hit her! Great job!

Stephen said...

For those literary geniuses that commented, please tell me where in the wide, wide, world of cyberspace I said "Bored" in my post??? I may be slow, but I'm certainly not stupid.