Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bring it On!

Choose your mood. Can you appreciate nature in all its forms? It's raining hard today, probably tomorrow too. One forecast calls for 1"-6" of the white stuff. Bring it on! With a rainfall deficit this year of 10" we could use all we can get. As I watch the rain drive through in sheets my thoughts drift off to full watersheds and navigable rivers and streams. More reasons I need to get back in my boat this winter.


Today is also chicken day. Jennifer and the new bus are coming home with 400lbs of chicken backs and necks. Thank goodness I polyurethaned the walls I put in! I usually like restocking our supply during this time of year because the flies are gone. With it being warm today I don't know what to expect.


Speaking of the new bus, I finally finished enough of it so we could move out of the old van. I still have some finishing work on the walls before I start on the shelves and the center console. I'll put some pictures together soon.


So, what about you? How do you take your weather? Hot and steamy? Cold and frigid? Somewhere in between?

5 comments:

Leslie said...

When I wasn't so old Winter was "the best" but, now that I have Arthritis in every bone and joint, Fall is my favorite. I still love to look at the snow. Last night we had sleet and some snow. Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite times of the year. Have a great Christmas.
My v. word is phonazu. Have you called your zoo lately ?

Alex said...

I like your blog "flurries".
If it has to be cold, it better snow, that's my motto!
I like when the flies (and no see-ums) are gone too.

Zan said...

I think there are things to like about all kinds of weather and all seasons. I love cold clear winter days and am still a kid about snow. Hot sultry days still feel like freedom to me even though it's been more years than I want to admit since I was in school and looked forward to summer vacation. It just seems like time moves slower during the long days of summer. Spring and fall are both refreshing with more than their fair share of "perfect" days neither too hot nor too cold.

Addie said...

According to my friends a colleagues who live near the Great Lakes, I'm what you might call a snow tard. Even though I prefer hot weather, I love it when it snows, probably because I grew up in Phoenix, then lived in California, Texas, and Georgia for most of the rest of the time. Snow is just such a rare event that I love it. I'm even digging the snow on your blog.

Addie

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Addie, you sound like me. I've lived in CA, GA, and TX too. But I also can add IL and MA to the list, so I got 4 years of snow. We had 3 years of especially good sledding in Massachusetts.

I'm digging the blog flurries too!

Jen